Statement of Rights and Responsibilities for Service Users
- You have the right to obtain information about this service and about other services that may support your needs.
- While in this service you will be encouraged to make your own decisions and supported to follow them through. Our staff are here to assist you but not to pressure you to go in a particular direction.
- You will be expected to adhere to our code of conduct, our service has rules to help make our business a safe place, these rules apply to workers, volunteers and all service users.
- You have a right to privacy and confidentiality; this service will treat your personal information in a confidential manner.
- You have the right to be treated with dignity and respect.
- You have a responsibility to respect the rights of others, including their rights to privacy and confidentiality.
- You have a responsibility to respect, as individuals, everyone involved with this service.
- Our staff will take your individual needs into account when providing assistance, including such things as your cultural background, your sexuality, your religion or any disability you may have.
- You have the right to be free from physical, sexual, emotional and verbal abuse.
- You have the right to make a complaint if you are not happy with our service and to seek fair resolution to a complaint.
- Our service will deal with all complaints fairly.
- Our service will explain how to make a complaint and how you can use an advocate to help you.
- Improving the service is everyone’s responsibility and your contributions are valued.
- You are encouraged you to get involved and to share your ideas about how to improve our service.
NO ABUSE WILL BE TOLERATED
Should there be any form of abuse towards any staff memebrs, directors or other clients at any time whilst o the premises of Umpi Korumba, you will be asked to leave, should you fail to do so, the Boondall Police will be contacted.
This type of behaviour will notbe tolerated by the staff members and the Corporation.
PARENTS AND CARE-GIVERS
For the safety and wellbeing of everyone, all children must be supervised whilst on the premises and in the office of Umpi Korumba. Childeren can not be left unattended or unsupervised.